Thursday, June 21, 2007

It is a peculiar (and egotistical) feeling to watch a movie and to think that it was in fact made specifically for you. It is a feeling that while one would think could be quite fulfilling, really is rather unsettling. I had something close to this feeling while watching the Will Ferrell film Stranger than Fiction. I'm not sure why it struck such a chord with me; perhaps it has something to do with the location of the film in an unnamed Chicago, or the strong thematic element of cookies. I have like many people thought, or perhaps hoped that my life was actually a story being written by some kind writer in a far off land. Hoping, of course, in the writers own love for his character. But inevitably it come back to the thought, who would want to read my story?
I think that the last few weeks are so may make some kind of story. If not fine literature, something good enough for the trashier sections of Walgreens' book rack. Somewhere within two graduations, two weddings, three receptions and the start of a new job in the span of a month you should think there should be something to say; if only I could remember any of it. Sadly, most of that story have gone the way of my brain cells during my hiatus, disappeared. Ironically, I think it was the hectic and story worthy schedule of things that made it to difficult to remember.

Luckily, In those precious few moments when I had a moment to breathe, I was afforded the opportunity to eat and enjoy. Which was particularly important being that I found myself in Hong Kong. Delicious.

Grace had lead us to New Cheung Hing, a classic Hong Kong establishment. Classic in the sense that this type of food is distinctly Hong Kong. A type of East West fusion cuisine before fusion was a culinary term.
Milk TeaRamen with Spam and Eggs
Rice Noodle with Preserved Mustard Greens and Pork Strips
Butter Toast

No comments: