Monday, June 25, 2007

Mak's Noodles
Phone Number: +852 2854 3810
Address: 77 Wellington St, Central
Hong Kong

For a while now, whenever I would order wonton noodles, I would hear from Grace about this small noodle shop which she would often frequent in Hong Kong and how much better it was. And since I make it a point to try to eat everything that is ever mentioned to me with even just a smidgen of smug (either to prove they are wrong or provide myself with a good meal; win-win), I knew that we had to go while in HK.

The restaurant itself is small but clean. The noodles were pretty much as advertised; and I would have been more impressed if not for the portion size. Now I'm not asking for US sized uber portions, but at least something more than a small bowl which is barely enough to fill a toddler still in diapers. Surprisingly the best part of the meal may have been the tendons. The wontons were good, but probably not worth traveling across a sea. The tendons on the other hand were a soft and smooth savory delight, rarely available on this side of the pacific.

Wonton Noodles
Beef Noodle Soup
Wonton and Dumpling Noodle Combo
Marinated Stewed Beef Tendons

No comments: